It’s time for a Green New Deal.
Our planet is facing a climate emergency while our country’s economy is stalling. We have to act – and quickly.
Labour’s Green New Deal is a radical 10-year plan to put environment at the heart of government. It’s a massive investment in clean energy for everyone, in kick-starting growth and tackling climate change.
- Creating hundreds of thousands of good, sustainable jobs.
- Upgrading the country’s housing stock by insulating every home and installing solar panels on nearly 2 million homes.
- Revitalising public transport across the country.
- Ensuring almost all of our electricity and most of our heat come from renewable and low carbon sources by 2030
- Creating a new Clean Air Act
Reducing emissions and securing a future for our planet needs a huge public investment. We know that the big polluters and banks won’t take the initiative. Government must act, and only Labour is ready for the challenge.
The Green New Deal plan shows how Labour will respond speedily to climate crisis, and deliver economic recovery. What’s more, good, clean jobs will transform towns, cities and communities that have been forgotten for decades.
What are the wins for Scarborough and Whitby? Read more…