Your Labour Candidate for Whitby West Division
The return of community bus services is vital to supporting the ward and town’s isolated communities and those in the smaller villages. Asa Jones
- I will champion local businesses putting wealth back into our community and will fight to
end outsourcing of council contracts to large, outside companies and instead sourcing local
solutions to our needs for goods and services.
- I will champion social care for our elderly and young residents by supporting community
ventures and fighting in the council to see services improve.
- I will champion efforts to create a rural economic development plan to provide dedicated
investment in secure well-paid jobs, provide high-quality technological connectivity and
improved transport infrastructure in order to attract new businesses and opportunities for
- The unaffordability of housing is a big issue in a ward that despite seeing lots of new homes
being built but prices still rising. I will fight to reduce the number of new builds going to 2 nd
homes and B&Bs whilst demanding more affordable housing and supporting first time
- There are many jobs in Whitby, but there are few which are both secure and provide decent
pay. There is an increasing case of people who work in Whitby but live far outside where it
- Limited parking spaces and massive congestion particularly during busy tourist days have to
be alleviated through improving our public transport to be both affordable and reliable and
ultimately be a genuine alternative. The return of community bus services is vital to
supporting the ward and town’s isolated communities and those in the smaller villages.
Contact details for campaign material: